Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher
CITB SMSTS Refresher
The two-day SMSTS Refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the full five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course and can provide proof of attendance.
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) is one of the most highly regarded health and safety training courses for the Construction, Building Maintenance and Facilities Management sectors and is achieved by 1000’s of construction personnel each year.
Only those delegates who have passed the five-day CITB Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course and can provide evidence of this are eligible to attend the two-day SMSTS Refresher course. Delegates need to have passed the full five-day SMSTS course within five years of their refresher course start date to be eligible.
It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics, many building on the previous five-day SMSTS course programme, as well as introducing new subjects.
The refresher course aims to:
- improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues; and
- identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices.
The course will provide delegates with;
- awareness of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- awareness of and able to implement new guidance and industry of best practice
- increased awareness of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Course work is assessed by trainer throughout the course, however there is also a 30 minute objective multiple-choice examination at the end of the course. Successful candidates will be awarded the CITB Site Managers Safety Training Refresher Certificate.
2 Days Inclusive
This course is intended to be run in-house, and can be held for a maximum of 20 delegates.
Please call our training department for a fee.
Companies that are eligible for CITB grant refund can claim a grant back for each successful candidate who completes the course. Please ask us about CITB-ConstructionSkills Levy & Grants for more info.
Book your place now!
Listed below are our latest courses, click on the course to secure your place.
If you're looking for an in-house training course, please contact us to discuss your requirements