Site Supervisors' Safety Training Scheme Refresher
CITB Site Supervisors' Safety Training Scheme
The SSSTS refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two day Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme course and aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace.
The Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) is a popular course for those who are undertaking a supervisory role within a construction company. The SSSTS course is relatively short but provides these individuals with the knowledge they need to effectively handle the health and safety of their chosen workplace.
This one day course is intended for those who currently hold the Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme certificate and now need to update their skills and knowledge in line with current legislation and maintain their SSSTS qualification.
The SSSTS course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites.
The refresher course aims to:
- Raise awareness of current trends within the Health and Safety Executive direction of enforcement.
- Improve awareness of recent development in construction, legislation and health and safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practices.
At the end of the training period, delegates will:
- Be aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a supervisor.
- Be aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry best practice affected by changes.
- Be more aware of their duties and responsibilities with regard to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course as well as being expected to be interactive during the course.
This certificate expires every five years. After this period certificate holders are required to sit a further SSSTS refresher course to renew their qualification for a further five years.
This course is intended to be run in-house, and can be held for a maximum of 20 delegates.
Please call our training department for a fee.
Companies that are eligible for CITB grant refund can claim a grant back for each successful candidate who completes the course. Please ask us about CITB-ConstructionSkills Levy & Grants for more info.
Book your place now!
Listed below are our latest courses, click on the course to secure your place.
If you're looking for an in-house training course, please contact us to discuss your requirements