Leading safely gives anyone with leadership responsibility the practical knowledge and solutions for sustainable business advantage through
good safety and health practice.
Safety and health is not just a legal requirement, it’s integral in many of today’s successful companies. Its rewards can be seen not only in reduced accidents and ill-health, but also in productivity, reputation and results. IOSH Leading safely gives anyone with leadership responsibility the practical knowledge and solutions for sustainable business advantage through good safety and health practice.
Senior people are busy, and that’s why the IOSH Leading Safely course has been designed in conjunction with people from business to cover only what you need, and not take up too much of their time.
As part of the course, leaders get access to the innovative online diagnostic tool that will identify the current business performance on health and safety and a questionnaire on your leadership behaviours. The course then facilities you in mapping out your commitment and actions required to achieve higher standards of performance.
The course is delivered by highly experienced Chartered H&S Consultants who have considerable experience in providing training and advice to Directors and Board members of many organisations.
Please watch the short video on the course
This course is aimed at Directors, Senior Executives, Senior Managers and others with leadership responsibilities within their organisations.
Delegates will be provided with the following:
- Recognising the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance
- Understanding your safety and health responsibilities
- Appreciating the consequences of poor safety and health
- Planning the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation
- Understanding the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system
- Knowing why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance
- Initial diagnostic questionnaire on your safety and health leadership behaviours
- Personalised report based on your responses, including recommendations on actions to take and improvements to make
- Case study review, tailored to your needs and industry – how things can go wrong, then ‘getting it right’, including a follow-on scenario based around putting improvements in place using Plan-Do-Check-Act HSMS and integration into business systems
- Assessment is completion of a personal commitment – a set of actions to take following the recommendations in your report and other learning
An IOSH Leading Safely certificate is awarded to all those delegates who attend the course and who successfully complete the committment to the action plan.
The flexible format is designed to fit your needs. The course can be delivered either as:
- 5 hours classroom based training and facilitation
- 3 hours classroom training, with 2 hours of online learning (in-house to companies only)
£195+VAT per delegate
(includes £50 cost from IOSH for Certificate and Leaders App)
This course can also be run in house for up to 15 people per course.
- 5 hours – £950 +VAT (plus IOSH Certificate and IOSH For Leaders app @ £50 each)
- 3 hours – £600 +VAT (plus IOSH Certificate and IOSH For Leaders app @ £50 each)
The IOSH Leading Safely course facilitated by SMC was extremely well received by our Senior Management team. It has refocused our commitment and to amend our Business Strategy so that health and safety is fully embedded within the culture of the organisation
Inspiring Healthy Lifestyles
E-Learning/ Blended option
The course is normally taught as a 5hr training session in the classroom, however, there is an option to do a 3 hr training session in the classroom with a 2 hr E-learning Module that needs to be completed prior to the course.
In house/ In company Training
The IOSH Leading Safely lends itself brilliantly to an in-house course where our experienced Safety Consultant facilitates the team discussions on the status of your H&S culture, and the actions you can take to improve it further
Book your place now!
Listed below are our latest courses, click on the course to secure your place.
If you're looking for an in-house training course, please contact us to discuss your requirements