International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
Are you looking to achieve the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational H&S Practice, but can’t attend a classroom course?
….. Safety Management Consultancy’s E-learning course is a safe alternative to traditional classroom based learning.
We know that learning in a classroom and having your competence tested via formal exams is not for everyone.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is aimed at those with health and safety responsibilities (eg. managers, supervisors and employee representatives) to enable them to discharge more effectively their organisational duties and functions. The NEBOSH International General Certificate is one of the most recognised qualifications in the health and safety profession.
The course provides a solid foundation in health and safety, covering 13 modules comprising.
IGC1 – International Management of Health & Safety
- Element 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
- Element 2 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Policy
- Element 3 – Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – Organising
- Element 4 – Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – Planning & Implementing
- Element 5 – Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – Measuring, Reviewing & Auditing
GC2 – Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Element 1 – Workplace Hazards and control
- Element 2 – Transport Hazards and control
- Element 3 – Musculoskeletal Handling
- Element 4 – Work Equipment Hazards and control
- Element 5 – Electricity Safety
- Element 6 – Fire Safety
- Element 7 – Chemical and Biological Hazards and control
- Element 8 – Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and control
There are examinations comprising two written theory papers (Papers IGC1 and GC2) each lasting 2 hours to be completed on the examination day, and a practical assessment (GC3). The practical assessment involves undertaking a safety inspection of a workplace and preparing a management report.
The qualification involves a 129 hours of learning study and preparation (although this figure will depend upon experience).
Plus attendance on Examination day
Fee: £450+VAT per delegate
(plus £110 NEBOSH registration and exam fees, if taken at an SMC examination venue in the UK – this is paid separately)
Individual Units can per purchased separately. Contact us for details.