The NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management is a qualification for those with fire safety responsibilities in the workplace. It is already established as a popular qualification with over 7,500 candidates having already achieved the qualification.
Managers and supervisory staff who need to ensure that their organisation meets its responsibilities under fire safety legislation. Courses leading to this qualification should equip holders to carry out fire risk assessments of most low risk workplaces and identify the range of fire protective and preventative measures required. It is therefore also suitable for people moving into fire safety adviser roles.
The course provides a solid foundation in health and safety, covering 13 modules comprising.
NGC1 – Management of Health & Safety
- Element 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
- Element 2 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – PLAN
- Element 3 – Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – DO
- Element 4 – Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – CHECK
- Element 5 – Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – ACT
FC1 – Fire Safety And Risk Management
- Element 1 – Foundations in health and safety
- Element 2 – Principle of fire and explosion
- Element 3 – Causes and preventions of fires and explosions
- Element 4 – Fire protection in buildings
- Element 5 – Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Element 6 – Fire safety risk assessment.
Units NGC1 and FC1 are taught units each assessed by one two-hour written examination. Each written examination consists of ten ‘short-answer’ questions and one ‘long-answer’ question. All questions are compulsory. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
Unit FC2 is assessed by one four-hour fire risk assessment carried out in the candidate’s workplace. The assessment is marked by the accredited course provider and externally moderated by NEBOSH. Candidates will be required to complete the FC2 assessment within 14 days of sitting the examination for units NGC1 and/or FC1.
10 Days Inclusive Of Examination Day
"SMC creates a safe, open and fun learning environment from the start. Their enthusiasm and passion is endless with a clear objective to ensure that delegates pass any examination papers first time, every time. Simply the best training provider I’ve encountered"
Simon Tennant - Walkers Crisps
Book your place now!
Listed below are our latest courses, click on the course to secure your place.
If you're looking for an in-house training course, please contact us to discuss your requirements