National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
The National General Certificate is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK with over 175,000 people having gained the award since it was launched in 1989.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is aimed at those with health and safety responsibilities (eg. managers, supervisors and employee representatives) to enable them to discharge more effectively their organisational duties and functions. The NEBOSH National General Certificate is one of the most recognised qualifications in the health and safety profession.
The course provides a solid foundation in health and safety, covering 13 modules comprising.
NGC1 – Management of Health & Safety
- Element 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
- Element 2 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – PLAN
- Element 3 – Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – DO
- Element 4 – Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – CHECK
- Element 5 – Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – ACT
GC2 – Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Element 1 – Workplace Hazards and control
- Element 2 – Transport Hazards and control
- Element 3 – Musculoskeletal Handling
- Element 4 – Work Equipment Hazards and control
- Element 5 – Electricity Safety
- Element 6 – Fire Safety
- Element 7 – Chemical and Biological Hazards and control
- Element 8 – Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and control
There are examinations comprising two written theory papers (Papers NGC1 and GC2) each lasting 2 hours to be completed on the examination day, and a practical assessment (GC3). The practical assessment involves undertaking a safety inspection of a workplace and preparing a management report.
11 Days Inclusive Of Examination Day
On offer at £1100+VAT per delegate
- Examination Entry Fees
- Comprehensive Course Notes
- Certificate (upon successful completion of course)
"SMC creates a safe, open and fun learning environment from the start. Their enthusiasm and passion is endless with a clear objective to ensure that delegates pass any examination papers first time, every time. Simply the best training provider I’ve encountered"
Simon Tennant - Walkers Crisps
Book your place now!
Listed below are our latest courses, click on the course to secure your place.
If you're looking for an in-house training course, please contact us to discuss your requirements
|26 - 30November||Add to cart|
|24 - 28September||Add to cart|
|09 - 13July||Add to cart|
|30 - 04April - May||Add to cart|
|19 - 23February||Add to cart|
|12 - 16November||Add to cart|