Level 3 Award in Construction
(Design and Management) Regulations (CDM)
Are you looking to achieve a qualification in CDM?
….. Safety Management Consultancy’s web-based Award is a safe alternative to traditional classroom based learning.
We know that learning in a classroom and having your competence tested via formal exams is not for everyone. This Level 3 Award assesses your practical skills and the application of knowledge in the workplace instead.
This qualification is appropriate for candidates who will apply CDM Regulations in their job role and also for those who need to be aware of them in other job roles. This could be those acting in the position of Principal Designer, Principal Contractor or Client. It would also be suitable for Site Managers and person in control of building/ maintenance contracts.
The syllabus has been designed to cover all aspects/ topics needed for the role of a person who will apply CDM Regulations in their job role.
There are 2 individual mandatory units that must be completed to obtain the overall qualification.
- Overview of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Use of Guidance Tool systems for Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
In addition, you need to achieve additional credits amongst the following optional units;
- Clients’ Duties and Role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Principal Contractors’ Duties and Role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Designers’ Duties and Role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
The qualification is competence-based; candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is achieved by measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification. Each candidate is required to produce a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
The qualification will be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified Assessor from SMC Ltd.
The qualification involves a 27 guided learning hours.
Fee: £595 +VAT
- Candidate guide,
- Access to the online system
- tutor support
- and registration fees