Level 3 NVQ in Occupational
Health & Safety
Are you looking to achieve the Level 3 NVQ in Occupational H&S Practice?
….. Safety Management Consultancy’s web-based NVQ is a safe alternative to traditional classroom based learning.
We know that learning in a classroom and having your competence tested via formal exams is not for everyone. NVQs assess your practical skills and the application of knowledge in the workplace instead.
Please watch the short video on the course
This qualification is aimed at Health and Safety personnel who represent staff concerns to employers. Persons such as representatives of employee safety, newly appointed supervisors, managers and safety representatives.
The syllabus has been designed to cover all aspects/ topics needed for the role of a Health and Safety professional.
There are 5 individual mandatory units that must be completed to obtain the overall qualification.
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Develop procedures to safely control work operations
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace
- Conduct a health and safety risk assessment of the workplace
In addition, you need to achieve additional credits amongst the following optional units;
- Investigate and evaluate health and safety incidents and complaints in the workplace
- Make sure actions in the workplace aim to protect the environment
- Review health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Supervise the health, safety and welfare of a learner in the workplace
The qualification is competence-based; candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is achieved by measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification. Each candidate is required to produce a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
The qualification will be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified Assessor from SMC Ltd.
The qualification involves a notional 187 hours of learning study and preparation (although this figure will depend upon experience).
Fee: £1295 +VAT
- Candidate guide,
- Access to the online system
- tutor support
- and registration fees
SMC creates a safe, open and fun learning environment from the start. Their enthusiasm and passion is endless with a clear objective to ensure that delegates pass any examination papers first time, every time. Simply the best training provider I’ve encountered