Level 5 NVQ in Occupational
Health & Safety practice
Are you looking to achieve the Level 5 NVQ in Occupational H&S Practice?
….. Safety Management Consultancy’s web-based NVQ is a safe alternative to traditional classroom based learning.
We know that learning in a classroom and having your competence tested via formal exams is not for everyone. NVQs assess your practical skills and the application of knowledge in the workplace instead.
Please watch the short video on the course
This qualification is aimed at health and safety practitioners who wish to achieve a recognised qualification in occupational safety and health management, for those wishing to progress a career in health and safety, and for those seeking Chartered Membership of IOSH.
The syllabus has been designed to cover all aspects/ topics needed for the role of a Health and Safety professional. There are 10 individual mandatory units that must be completed to obtain the overall qualification.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
The qualification is competence-based; candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is achieved by measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification. Each candidate is required to produce a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
The qualification will be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified Assessor from SMC Ltd.
The qualification involves a notional 482 hours of learning study and preparation (although this figure will depend upon experience).
Fee: £1695 +VAT
- Candidate guide,
- Access to the online system
- tutor support
- and registration fees
SMC creates a safe, open and fun learning environment from the start. Their enthusiasm and passion is endless with a clear objective to ensure that delegates pass any examination papers first time, every time. Simply the best training provider I’ve encountered